Last Sunday HGTV aired a new episode of “House Hunters Renovation” that I was so honored to work on!! It was an absolute pleasure working with the HGTV team and of course the wonderful homeowners, Bill and Meredith, on this kitchen renovation! You guys all made it such a blast and I will always remember how great the experience was!
For some of you looking for a few snap shots, take a look below for a couple before and after images of the kitchen renovation…
This kitchen needed some major color and updating! After getting an idea of what Bill and Meredith were looking for in their kitchen… I had a plan! Below is the sketch for my concept on the kitchen design.
By choosing warmer color tones in walnut and grey, the kitchen came to life. Adding a colorful glass and slate back splash tile gave a contemporary touch especially since I decided to install it vertically instead of horizontal!! Matched with the quartz counter tops for the island and main kitchen, along with industrial details like the reclaimed wood mirror and swivel bar stools, this kitchen got its masculine vibe. And who could forget the beautiful accent wallpaper in the dining area that tied the theme together!
We searched for products that had an industrial edge but also a natural element to them. Thanks to the vendors below we were able to achieve our goal: Here are just some of the vendors….West Elm, CB2, Target, Crate & Barrel, World Market, Home Decorators, Astek Wallcovering, The Shade Store, BEHR and Amarock.
A big shout out to A-List Construction! You made the designs a reality and we could not have done it without a quick and professional team likes yours! Find them online at a-listconstruction.com
A dining room can be so much more than just a table and chairs, so today we are here to prove that to you! There are a few key componenets that will really turn your room around! No matter what your style or budget is, these helpful tips are for everyone! Notice the attention to detail in the inspiration photos below that each designer considered; chair selection, lighting, mirrors, centerpieces and art work..
1. Stand out chairs will create a unique atmosphere for a dining room. Many times chairs will get lost if they match TOO much with the dining table! So mix it up and add different textures, color, patterns, ect. Another way to grab attention is to use different colors and materials for the captain chairs and the accent chairs.
2. Another important design element to consider is unique lighting. Not only will a great chandelier add a huge impact, it will create a specific mood. In Tim Clarke’s design below, he did an amazing job at focusing on the lighting fixture with an oversized pendant. Elements to consider while choosing lighting for a dining room is the size, shape, material and color.
3. Details in the design of a room are what will bring a room to life! Just like every other room, the dining room needs accessories as well, which is where the centerpiece comes into play. Many times people leave their dining tables undressed and that is what your room may be missing! Classic centerpieces such as candles or a floral arrangement always look great but there is also a way to step out of the box. Adding multiple items in various heights will add interest to your table as well as create a more proportional scale between the dining table and the centerpiece. Check out the dining room below that we designed for our client. The room was painted in a deep dusty blue and sheer drapes diffused the natural sunlight. And we added a playful feather napkin ring to contrast all the clean white tableware.The center is filled with flowers and candles in a variety of heights and floral types.
4. Strong art Pieces can make your space much more personalized. It will add character your space and give it that extra splash of color it may need! Whether it is one outstanding piece of art or a gallery wall, both will do the trick!
5. Mirrors are another resource for your dining room that will work wonders! The added reflection will add depth and beauty to your room, especially when reflecting a great chandelier! Check out this glamorous dining room posted on La Dolce Vita’s blog.